1. Your handisure door ﬁnger guard installation kit should include but is not necessarily limited to: Hinge-Clip, Cord, Smart-Head, Handle and Base.
2. Your handisure door ﬁnger guard is designed to be used on standard wooden or PVC domestic internal doors with any height or width (33 to 37mm and 43 to 47mm thickness or 1 - 3/8” ± 1/16” and 1 - 3/4” ± 1/16” inch). If the device is ﬁtted on doors of other thicknesses or on doors that have been modiﬁed, the optimum functionality of the mechanism may be affected by the weight, surface or ﬁnish of the door. The handisure door ﬁnger guard is not designed to be used on external uPVC doors of any description or on sliding and bi-folding doors.
3. The mechanism to prevent door closure, even when a child passes through the door and it is only open by approximately 20-30 degrees, is dependent on the quality of the installation of the door. The optimum functioning of such a mechanism may not be achieved unless the door has been professionally installed using appropriate hinges for the door (in the UK / EU - conforming to BS 7352:1990 speciﬁcations).
4. Your handisure door ﬁnger guard is compatible with doors with most types of hinges, including butt-hinges, which are the commonest type of hinge (standard hinges) in a domestic setting. The device will also work on most doors ﬁtted with ﬂush hinges but in rare cases it may interfere with complete door closure.
5. Before installing your handisure door ﬁnger guard, the door on which it is to be installed should be checked to ensure it has been ﬁxed with the correct hinges. These hinges should be tightly attached with the correct screws and ﬁxings. Do not install the handisure door ﬁnger guard if any of the hinges or the screws attaching them are loose, damaged or bent. This is because especially such a door can loosen and even be damaged if it is forced closed against the engaged handisure door ﬁnger guard.
6. Users of the handisure door ﬁnger guard should always take great care to make sure that ﬁre doors are not prevented from closing.
7. Please read the enclosed instructions sheet carefully and watch the product installation video before ﬁtting your handisure door ﬁnger guard. The child protective function of the device may be affected if you do not follow the instructions.
8. During installation of your handisure door ﬁnger guard, appropriate eye and hand safety equipment should be worn to prevent injury from sharp edges on the door frame and hinges.
9. Children should be kept at a safe distance away from the door during installation of the handisure door ﬁnger guard.
10. During installation of your handisure door ﬁnger guard, the door on which it is being attached should be opened fully and a weight placed against it to stop it moving.
11. Always make sure that the handisure door ﬁnger guard is ﬁtted only on the upper hinge of the door.
12. The handisure door ﬁnger guard is suitable for reuse after dismounting.
13. Make sure that the correct functioning of your handisure door ﬁnger guard has been tested at least 10 times prior to regular use. If your handisure door ﬁnger guard fails to engage and does not prevent door closure, please return it for a full refund.
14. Do not use the handisure door ﬁnger guard if the Hinge-Clip, the Cord or any part of the door ﬁnger guard is damaged. Replace the device if any part is broken, torn or missing.
15. To ensure optimum functionality of your handisure door ﬁnger guard, especially closure from the inside of the room using the pendulum action, the weight of the door should not be increased by hanging heavy items on it, such as jackets or clothes hanging from over-the-door hangers.
16. The door has to be opened more than 30 degrees for the handisure door ﬁnger guard to be an effective ﬁnger shielding device.
17. Do not try and close the door against your handisure door ﬁnger guard without disengaging it ﬁrst. Attempting to close the door against the handisure door ﬁnger guard may cause damage to the door, hinges or frame, and on very rare occasions may cause the door itself to become loose.
18. When disengaging your handisure door ﬁnger guard, check for the presence of children and take appropriate steps to make sure that no child approaches the door. Children should then be warned that the door ﬁnger guard has been disengaged and told to take extra care not to place their hands in the area between the door and doorframe when closing the door.
19. Your handisure door ﬁnger guard should be regularly checked to make sure that it is free of dirt, grease or any other extraneous material that may reduce its effectiveness.
20. The hinges, screws and other ﬁxings of the door on which your handisure door ﬁnger guard is installed should be regularly checked for loosening, damage or corrosion. If such damage is discovered immediate action should be taken to remedy these defects.
21. Please keep this leaﬂet and all instructions in a safe place for future reference.
22. Care has been taken to make sure that the handisure door ﬁnger guard causes no or only minimum markings on the door or/and the doorframe when in use. However, the handisure door ﬁnger guard, similar to other door stopping mechanisms, in some circumstances can cause marks on the paintwork or even indentation on the door or/and doorframe at the point of contact, depending on the quality of the material the door or/and door frame is made of. The makers of the handisure door ﬁnger guard bear no responsibility for this. No liability will be accepted for any damage to the door due to misuse, improper installation or installation on doors not installed conforming to standards.
23. On no account should any component of the handisure door ﬁnger guard be modiﬁed or overpainted in any way. If the components are modiﬁed or overpainted in any way, the continued use of the handisure door ﬁnger guard is entirely at the risk of the user and the manufacturers bear no responsibility.
24. The handisure door ﬁnger guard is intended to supplement and not substitute parents’ efforts to prevent door related hand/ﬁnger injuries in children. Children should be instructed on the dangers posed by closing doors and care should be taken at all times to prevent the possibility of them trapping their ﬁngers.
25. The handisure door ﬁnger guard should be used only for its intended purpose of stopping doors from closing. It is not a toy and parents should at all times make sure that it is kept out of the reach of children.
26. If the handisure door ﬁnger guard is used on a door thinner than a standard domestic internal door (35mm ± 2mm | 1 - 3/8” ± 1/16” inches), it is entirely at the risk of the user, and the manufacturers bear no responsibility.
27. No liability will be accepted for any injury caused due to the failure of the handisure door ﬁnger guard or any other injury caused due to the use of the handisure door ﬁnger guard where the cause of such failure or malfunctioning of the handisure door ﬁnger